Educational Classes & Group Clinics
A one hour private lesson tailored specifically to the student’s needs:
+ One person lesson = $75.00 / hour
+ Two person lesson = $125.00 / hour
+ Three person lesson = $150.00 / hour
+ Additional Discount for booking a block of 4 private lessons.
-Book your spot in one of our regularly scheduled classes hosted at the shop:
+$55.00 per person for a 90 minute class
+10:1 student to instructor ratio maximum (minimum of 4 students for a class to make).
- Level 1 Introduction to Fly Angling
- Level 2 Fly Angler = Mastering beginner fundamentals
- Level 3 Fly Angler = Accomplished fly anglers looking to complete Level 3 goals
- Level 4 Fly Angler = Advanced fly anglers looking to complete Level 4 goals
- Freshwater Fly Angling Classes
- Saltwater Fly Angling Classes
- Fly Tying Classes
Custom Classes & Clinics are a great way to get your family, friends or co-workers ready for your next trip or simply to further your Fly Angling skills.
+Minimum of 4 students with 6:1 student to instructor ratio
+Classes offered in the shop or On The Water
- Groups of 4-8 students (2 instructors)
- Groups of 9-12 students (3 instructors)
- Groups of 13-16 students (4 instructors)
- Groups of 16 or more, contact us for more details.
Book Private Lesson Today!
Instantly book your lesson now, and pay for it when you come into the shop! We’ll reach out to confirm the lesson soon after we’ve received your inquiry. If you have any questions, feel free to read our Education FAQs, or submit your request via the form below!
Contact Instructor Today!
Fill out the form below and a Tailwaters team member will follow up with you shortly!
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Please give us a call (888) 824-5420, fill out our form, or send an email to Jonathan Rogers
- Where do the lessons take place?
Our private lessons are conducted right here at Tailwaters Headquarters located at 1933 E. Levee St. Dallas, TX, 75207. Custom lessons can be organized off-site on request and based upon availability.
- How much does it cost?
A private lesson for 1 person is $75 per hour, while for 2 we charge $125 per hour. If you’re interested in parties larger than 2, please let us know using the form above!
- Do you have any offerings for company retreats or group lessons?
Absolutely! Fill out the form below with the event details and we’ll be happy to discuss them with you.
- When do you offer lessons?
Our lessons run from Monday through Friday from 10:00 am until 5:00 pm; Saturdays 10am until 4pm; and Sundays from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- What do I need to bring?
Just yourself! We’ll provide the gear for you. It is a good idea to bring polarized sunglasses and appropriate clothing / footwear depending upon the weather.
- What levels of fly fishing lesson expertise do you offer?
From laying the foundation, to learning additional tactics for the expert angler, we teach it all!